Funko received so much praise for the first set of TLC Pop! Rocks vinyl figures, they have now commissioned a second set of TLC Pops, which they announced this week (July 1)!
The first TLC Pops that were released earlier this year, were based on their look in the “Waterfalls” music video, taken from the 1994 album, ‘CrazySexyCool‘. They even came with limited edition ‘Chase’ variants, which were translucent to represent the scenes of the video where the girls transformed into water figures!
Funko are now releasing a set based on TLC’s earlier, more colorful look from their debut single, “Ain’t 2 Proud 2 Beg“, taken from the album, 1992’s ‘Ooooooohhh… on the TLC tip‘, set for release on August 26, 2021!
Funko revealed a huge assortment of upcoming Pop Vinyls, as part of their new Popapalooza event, some of your favorite artists, bands, and albums are coming to life in glorious Pop Vinyl format. Popapalooza is a first-time event for fans to enjoy!
Inspired by the Lollapalooza music festival that began in the early ’90s and continues to this day, you can expect to see many more Pop Rocks figures based on musicians from the past and present which launched on June 30th and July 1st.
Popapalooza Day 1 Releases for June 30th
- DJ Khaled – Entertainment Earth / Amazon
- Ozzy Osbourne / Diary of a Madman Pop Album – Entertainment Earth
- Boyz II Men – Entertainment Earth / Amazon
- Twenty One Pilots – Entertainment Earth / Hot Topic
- Ghost Papa – Opus Eponymous Pop Album – Hot Topic
- John Lennon – Entertainment Earth
- Notorious B.I.G. – Life after Death Pop Album – Entertainment Earth
Popapalooza Day 2 Releases for July 1st
- BTS Dynamite – Walmart / Amazon / 7-Pack Walmart
- Jonathan Davis / Korn – Entertainment Earth
- Pearl Jam 5-Pack – Entertainment Earth / Pearl Jam Official Site
- Elvis Pure Gold Pop Album – Walmart
- TLC – Entertainment Earth / Amazon
- Iron Maiden – Entertainment Earth / Amazon
- Jimi Hendrix – Entertainment Earth
It would be great if Funko make this a hat trick and give us a look from the ‘FanMail‘ era! TLC Pops in “No Scrubs” mode, or the mystical looks from the “Unpretty” video.
Will you be getting the new set of TLC Pops?