With 2020 coming to a close, it has become a modern tradition for music listeners and users of the music streaming platform Spotify to share the results of the complete listening pattern for the year.
‘Spotify Wrapped‘ gives a retrospective round-up for each user on their listening habits from the last year. The annual snapshot usually very quickly trends on social media, with each person sharing their individual ‘Spotify Wrapped’ insights.
The best era, the 1990’s, produced some great titles in the list, especially the top female tracks, where TLC scored big, landing at No.2 with their super smash, “No Scrubs“, just behind the Spice Girls‘ “Wannabe”.
Destiny’s Child came 3rd with 1999’s “Say My Name”, making the top 3 a complete all girl group trump. The remaining list comprised of solo artists including Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez and Celine Dion.
“No Scrubs” actually reached a new milestone this year, when it achieved 500 million streams on Spotify. The track was also announced to be x5 platinum by the RIAA. 2020 has been a continued blessing to TLC.
Top streamed ’90s songs by female artists in 2020:
1. “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls (1996)
2. “No Scrubs” by TLC (1999)
3. “Say My Name” by Destiny’s Child (1999)
4. “…Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears (1998)
5. “Torn” by Natalie Imbruglia (1997)
6. “Believe” by Cher (1998)
7. “You’re Still the One” by Shania Twain (1998)
8. “Man! I Feel Like A Woman!” by Shania Twain (1999)
9. “Because You Loved Me (Theme from Up Close and Personal)” by Celine Dion (1996)
10. “Let’s Get Loud” by Jennifer Lopez (1999)
Find out what your listening style has been like this year on Spotify and share your results on social media!
Leave a Reply